Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Vacation in California and Utah

What a fun vacation! First the kids and I headed to my parents' house in the Bay Area in California for ten days. They showed us the sights, and the kids had fun playing with all their uncles' old toys.

Beach at Angel Island. Sapphire is supposed to be a jellyfish person, and the boys are squid-people.

Muir Woods

Look, mom, gravity works on marbles!

Sapphire found heaven at the Hello Kitty store in Japantown

We got lots of smiles from passers-by in Monterey

Sapphire loved the jellyfish at the Monterey Aquarium

That rock in the background has SEALS on it. Fun tidepooling in Monterey!

 Then we drove with my parents up to Utah for a family reunion for everyone on my dad's side of the family. It was held at the Timp Lodge near Provo, which has beautiful grounds, a nice big kitchen, and lots of games (pool, foosball, ping pong). But the kids mostly enjoyed playing with oodles and oodles of COUSINS!  I think my favorite part was playing games with relatives, but I didn't get any pictures of that because I was having too much fun!  :-)  Games we played and enjoyed include Carrom, pool, Gloom, Skulls & Roses, Magic: The Gathering, Metagame, and Zendo.

Uncle Bud made balloon animals, to the delight of all the kids.

Onyx was the first one at the waterfall

Quartz is practicing camouflage skills

I was there, too.

My mom is awesome at getting little kids to hike and enjoy it!

Even Wes had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment